How do I engage customers?

I want to know how can I engage customers for my small business.

Customer engagement is all about encouraging your customers to interact and share in the experiences you create for them as a business and brand.

Here are some tips on how you can engage customers:

1. Acknowledge your loyal and not-so-loyal customers: Apart from regular customers, customers you haven’t seen for some months should be your focus too. The best way to rekindle their interest in your brand is through email marketing.

2. Provide useful content: Communicate with your customers with the help of some useful content like industry information, latest news, and some articles. A blog can also be a medium to engage your customers.

3. Get Social: Set up your business profiles on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin and interact by launching campaigns or providing tips for connecting with your prospective customers.

4. Put money into your client’s pockets: Get to know your customers, once you know them better, connect them to people who might need their services. If you put money in your customer’s pockets they will put in yours!

5. Train your employees well: When employees are well trained, they come across as professional and more invested in the customer experience. This translates to higher satisfaction and an increased likelihood that people will keep coming back.

6. Humanize your brand: It’s important to figure out what your customers are looking for. They look for someone who understands their needs in the best possible way and a brand they can relate to. To do this, find people within your organization who understand your brand inside out and are passionate about it.