I am filing for GST for the first time, I wanted to know how to do it.
- Visit the GST portal(https://www.gst.gov.in/) and register yourself
- Now log in to the portal, you will then be asked to give your GST state code and PAN number, based on which a 15 digit identification number will be generated and issued to you
- Upload the invoices, after this an invoice reference number will be issued, for each invoice, you have uploaded
- File your inward, outward and cumulative monthly return online after uploading the invoices
- Fill the GST return forms accordingly through the information section
- The details for the same can be viewed on GSTR-2A (read-only informative document)
- The recipient will then verify and modify the details filled by the supplier regarding outward supplies. There is also a requirement file debit and credit notes
- Then, the recipient has to provide information regarding the inward supplies of taxable goods in GSTR 2 form(a monthly return which summarizes the details of inward purchases of taxable goods and services)
- Information which a recipient modifies cannot be accepted or rejected by the supplier.